The American Camp Association (鲸鱼电竞app赛事(鲸鱼电竞注册登录)) is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, individuals who are charged with hiring the association’s chief executive and overseeing the business and affairs of the corporation. The purpose of the Board is to see to it that 鲸鱼电竞app赛事(鲸鱼电竞注册登录) determines and accomplishes appropriate results for the appropriate people at an appropriate cost, while avoiding unacceptable situations and conditions. The Board also serves as the link between the organization and the people who are interested or potentially interested in the camp experience.
鲸鱼电竞app赛事(鲸鱼电竞注册登录)’s Board consists of 15 to 21 members, elected by the Board to three-year terms. Members may serve two consecutive terms, but must then be off the board for at least a year. There is an exception for the president, who may have his or her board service extended for up to an additional three years.
The Board believes that all board members, present and future, must:
- understand and value the vital role camps play in the development of healthy children and young people;
- advocate articulately for 鲸鱼电竞app赛事(鲸鱼电竞注册登录) and its vision in political, social, community, and business forums;
- access, activate, and lead volunteers through corporate, civic, and governmental connections;
- engage philanthropic or corporate networks to solicit and secure immediate and long-term financial resources for 鲸鱼电竞app赛事(鲸鱼电竞注册登录);
- advance the mission, vision, values, and ends of 鲸鱼电竞app赛事(鲸鱼电竞注册登录) by extending personal and professional credibility, expertise, and leadership to the organization; and
- think broadly and strategically about the role of camps and of 鲸鱼电竞app赛事(鲸鱼电竞注册登录).
鲸鱼电竞app赛事(鲸鱼电竞注册登录) is committed to having half of its board members from the public, recruiting board members from ethnically diverse communities, and having board members from throughout the United States and from a broad spectrum of professions.
鲸鱼电竞app赛事(鲸鱼电竞注册登录) is further committed to recruiting board members who can connect the association to individuals and organizations of influence outside of 鲸鱼电竞app赛事(鲸鱼电竞注册登录) who also believe in youth development and the camp experience.
Members of the 鲸鱼电竞app赛事(鲸鱼电竞注册登录) are encouraged to recommend individuals for board membership by reviewing the Board of Directors Recommendation/Election process .