It is the responsibility of the camp to confirm the provider meets the needs of and is appropriate for their program, meets the requirements of their insurance provider, and aligns with what is required by their state regulations. Additionally, the camp is responsible for verifying and documenting the skills attained as part of the certification, as required for their job responsibilities and specific to their camp program.
Being on the list of recognized certifications means only a broad-level review of the course has been conducted (by 鲸鱼电竞app赛事(鲸鱼电竞注册登录) staff and/or volunteers); 鲸鱼电竞app赛事(鲸鱼电竞注册登录) does not accredit or endorse the certifying/licensing entities. Considerations for review:
- Does the course curriculum include the topics/methods identified by authoritative sources (when available) to include being the recommended length?
- Is the curriculum and are the instructors updated in an established timeframe (every 3-5 years)?
- Does the course include in-person skills review and skills verification?
|Use the resources below as a guide in planning to staff for a variety of camp activities, including adventure/challenge, aquatics, first aid, CPR/AED, horseback riding, and specialized activities. When there is an 鲸鱼电竞app赛事(鲸鱼电竞注册登录) standard that requires certification, 鲸鱼电竞app赛事(鲸鱼电竞注册登录) offers a list of recognized certifications.|
- 鲸鱼电竞app赛事(鲸鱼电竞注册登录) is a 501 (c)3 for education purposes.
- The list is being provided as a resource to camps going through the 鲸鱼电竞app赛事(鲸鱼电竞注册登录) accreditation process.
- It is the responsibility of the camp to confirm the provider meets the needs of and is appropriate for their program, meets the requirements of their insurance provider, and aligns with what is required by their state regulations.
- The camp leadership needs to make the final assessment as to what certification providers they choose to accept.
- Not all lifeguard certifications include age-appropriate CPR/AED or spinal injury management.
- 鲸鱼电竞app赛事(鲸鱼电竞注册登录) will review certifications on a regular basis, or if requested to do so.
If you have questions about a specific certification that is not listed, please contact aburbank@鲸鱼电竞app赛事(鲸鱼电竞注册登录)camps.org . To request a review of the certification and determine whether it can be recognized by 鲸鱼电竞app赛事(鲸鱼电竞注册登录), fill out this form . NOTE: 鲸鱼电竞app赛事(鲸鱼电竞注册登录) will only accept certification review requests directly from camp operators that are 鲸鱼电竞app赛事(鲸鱼电竞注册登录) accredited or have submitted an application for accreditation.
Certification or documented training alone is not enough to assure a camp director that a staff member can execute the necessary skills. Skills verification is also required to provide assurance that a staff member can perform site-specific rescue/emergency procedures, use equipment available at the site, and provide appropriate instruction and supervision to campers or assisting staff. It is important that camp personnel verify courses being completed by their camp staff are recognized by 鲸鱼电竞app赛事(鲸鱼电竞注册登录), the state (when applicable), and are appropriate for the camp's program and operation.
Aquatics: Program Resources
- Aquatics: Recognized Certifications (Requires member login)
- Aquatic Safety Guide — Markel Insurance
- Aquatics: Staff Skills Verification-Lifeguarding
- Aquatics Staff Skills Verification: Site-Specific Watercraft Rescue and Emergency Procedure
- Aquatics: Watercraft (Non-Motorized) Maintenance Checklist
First Aid, CPR/AED
- First Aid, CPR/AED: Recognized Certifications (Requires member login)